Hi! I have never had a blog before, so this is going to be an adventure for me! I will try to post something fairly regularly, however I cannot guarantee that it will be every day. Mostly look for story tid-bits and excerpts. I’m sure actual blogs about my life will be very boring. Happy reading!!
That’s it. That was my first ever post. My how things have changed!
In 2010, I was still in college at TAMU and had just started dating the love of my life and my future hubs. Neato, right?
As an author though, I was struggling. I was busy with school, didn’t have a lot of time to write, and overall frustrated and worried about my future and where I would end up. If now-me could back and tell past-me that things would turn out fine, that would have been majorly helpful.
Today, I’ve written 60 (WOW!) posts and I’ve finished my ten-year book, and even had it published! Past-me could have never fathomed that. Past-me wouldn’t be able to believe that I’ve been to Colorado for a writer’s conference, won an award at that conference (!), started my own business, and am now involved in my book in ways that I didn’t even know existed.
I guess the lesson here is that YOU CAN DO IT!
It took me seven years to get to this point, ten years to write my book, but I’ve learned so much along the way. And I’m still young! I’m just now putting the effort into making my dreams work. Like it says in this Fifth Harmony video, “DREAMS DON’T WORK UNLESS YOU DO!”
Now it’s time for me to choose the next victims, er, participants for the blog hop!
Don’t forget the rules!
- No cheating. (It must be your first post. Not your second post, not one you love…first post only.)
- Link back to the person who tagged you (thank them if you feel like it or, if not, curse them with a plague of ladybugs).
- Cut and paste your old post into a new post or reblog your own bad self. (Either way is fine but NO editing.)
- Put the hashtag #MyFirstPostRevisited in your title.
ten two twelvefive (5) other bloggers to take up this challenge.
- Notify your tags in the comment section of their blog (don’t just hope they notice a pingback somewhere in their spam).
- Feel free to cut and paste the badge to use in your post.
- Include “the rules” in your post.
Completely silly rules that E. E. Rawls made up that I liked (so I kept them!):
- Drink a glass of wine, bottle of beer, cup of coffee, mug of herbal tea or whatever floats your boat after you hit “publish”. (In other words, toast yourself. Go you!)
- Read the post out loud in a Mickey Mouse voice.